1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how it looks now

Pretty messy. I'm going to put the fish into a bucket
2 Pinoy Angels
12 Serpae tetras
10 black Neon's
4 Oto's
Im doing tahitian moon sand and I'm going to put the large driftwood tree in the middle with a bunch of other pieces of driftwood off the the sides. Ill have some stones trailing off to the left side. I'm going to put the crypts just off center. I'm going put the Java ferns at the bottom of the driftwood and in the rocks. I'm thinking of a couple Amazon swords near one end. I want to do some Fissidins on the rocks and java moss on the driftwood branches.
I'm not a fan of stem plants. Any suggestions other than Val's for long leaved plants that will do well in the back?
Also I'd like some low bushy plants in the front that won't carpet. I want to keep a clean "beach type area in front.
Also thinking about a synodontis catfish and maybe adding to the black neon school or something?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got tons of chain swords for a carpet and some crypt wendtii brown on one side and java fern near the front. In the middle is a crazy spreading crypt that's tried to take over most of my tanks

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I got all the plants out and packaged. I got the substrate out, changed the water, and started over. The fish seem happy and I'm really liking it! I think the dirt was giving the tank a tannin soaked brown color that I hated. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well I got all the plants out and packaged. I got the substrate out, changed the water, and started over. The fish seem happy and I'm really liking it! I think the dirt was giving the tank a tannin soaked brown color that I hated. What do you guys think?
Looks nice, I think the tea color water, (which is exactly like my water atm), is from the Tannis, which comes from your driftwood, not likely from the dirt/substrate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.