The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Congrad Wood! :) My cookies should be done just in time too! I'll send you a sample next week. :icon_wink

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I'm telling you man. I think lack of breeding is almost entirely dependent on temperature. Mine breed like crazy in the summer because ambient temperature is 75. In the winter it is 67. Slow (almost no) breeding.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i am about to purchase some in hopes they breed like mad. I'd like to suppliment them into my puffers diets'.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I'm telling you man. I think lack of breeding is almost entirely dependent on temperature. Mine breed like crazy in the summer because ambient temperature is 75. In the winter it is 67. Slow (almost no) breeding.

Hmm. My tank temperature is 69-70 at night and around 72-73 during the day. Should I get a heater and keep it constant at 75 all the time then?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Congrats wood! Good luck, I hope you find many more! And I share epicfish's concerns, my tank is at 70F all the time.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Mine breed all the time, but you can definitely see the difference between summer time and winter time. They really get active during the warmer weather; lot more babies are present during summer time than winter.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Congrats still waiting for the day when my CRS do the do! Now off to smoke that 01 montie #2 with a nice cup of Blue Mountain!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I hope that it gets warmer during summer. Though it is almost the same teperature all year 'round here in South Florida:help:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts