The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know just reading the title made a few people spit their drink but with the big difference in prices between stainless steal and brass parts how many people have what I will call 2 toned regulators? I will be building one, I can't see spending that much more for fittings and needle valves just so everything will match. Let me know your opinion.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
I have a chrome plated brass regulator with regular brass parts. *shrug* It works, and I'm not too fussy about having them all the same colour, especially when it will cost me a pretty penny.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nothing wrong with two toned, color uniformity just looks nicer and sells better. The people who are willing to buy nice prebuilt regulators have already resigned themselves to opening up their wallets. If they're going to go big, they're going to make sure what they buy looks sexy as hell. Other than that if you're building it as a personal rig and not planning to sell it off just go brass to keep prices low.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys..I feel much better about using bronze parts and fittings now..I actually think it would look cool..Adds a bit of dimension to not have everything chrome or everything bronze.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
SS or Brass, personal preference...

just like you can hunt down a new $350 retail single stage Victor miniature regulator for $30, you can also hunt down a good stainless steel solenoid and a stainless steel high precision metering valve.

The story of SS fittings is the same, know what you need and where you get them at low cost...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.