The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. One of your members suggested I look here. I have a 46 gallon bowfront tank that is almost ready to set up (waiting on one last order of supplies to come in)

I was scouring plant sites and while the plant prices seem ok, the shipping charges cost more then the plants.

I am interested in buying plants or if someone is really ambitious a plant package of plants that will thrive for a beginner. I am willing to do whatever lighting and supplements are needed but I am not planning on CO2. At least not right now.

Plants Ive seen online that I like are the lush looking bunches rather then the thin stems.

I love the java and christmas moss. I also loved the 4 leaf clover and water sprite. I liked the Rotala Magenta but I worry that that one may need Co2

I also need some ideas for nice tall backround plants.

I had planned to order this package https://www.azgardens.com/p-126-easy-life-aquarium-plant-habitat-for-10-gallon.aspx but the shipping was over $50!!! I wasn't in love with every plant in the pack, but there seemed to be a nice variety.

So, anyone out there needing to sell off some beginner plants?

Oh.. if it matters, the substrate is the tahitian moonsand.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can ship you a sandwich bag of java moss if you cover $6 shipping. I can also throw in some water sprite, but my stems aren't too healthy. I'm sure they'll take off fast though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a boatload of DHG (dwarf hair grass) that I've grown since I my first planted tank 2 years ago. I hacked it a few times and it still is doing well.

I have about 12x6in of DHG I am getting rid of. If you would like to purchase some, please feel free to PM me.

This plant does well as a divider or a foreground plant. You can cut it to any desired height. I've been growing it in three different tanks, low tech, medium, and hi tech.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone. I am heading off to work but didnt want you all to think I forgot I started this thread and was ignoring the responses. I will respond when I get home and i admit I have to look up what some of the plants you all mentioned are. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.