The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to order a trio of Class N Lime Green Endlers to beef up my bloodlines and whattya know? The guy sent me THIRTEEN. Rather than have a nightmarish population explosion (I know it's going to happen soon - started cycling a new 40gal just a few minutes ago to deal with it), I decided to put some in my plant/cherry shrimp grow out tank temporarily.

It's a 5.5gal, which is waaaay too small for my comfort - even with these tiny little guys. But it's got three sponge filters going full blast and a Zoo Med 501.

Will eventually spread them out through my myriad tanks at the office and at home.

Here's a look at the acclimation process:

Already starting to hunt cherry shrimplets:

Ugh. I just know all my new shrimplets are gonna disappear over night even though there's tons of moss, hiding places and floaters. Even though they never eat cherries in my other tanks. Just anxious about this one.

They're really coloring up:

Limes are my definite favorite when it comes to livebearers and I'm excited to have these newbies. Just wanted to share.

Get ready - I'll be pushing the millions of babies on you soon enough.

-Jake

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Oh wow those are indeed nice! It's good to see another variety other than blackbars and peacocks. Those are nice but get boring after a few years ;)

·
Super Moderator
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yesterday I counted thirteen. Several times. Even took high-speed photos to be sure. There were but three males.

This evening? FOUR. Four males. Found a little guy about to kick the bucket in the bottom of the QT with all the others going to town on him. Pulled him out and stuck him in a pour-n-fill for the time being.

Just goes to show that counting over and over is not always enough with these little buggers.

·
Super Moderator
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How the heck old are these little guys?

Just noticed them today when I saw some shrimp fighting something small away from their zucchini. Less than a centimeter in length. Maybe half a CM.

Have at least ten pregnant females so I'm expecting a literal explosion this month (and I have maybe 200 gallons of water ready and waiting for them, so no worries).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would like to get a pair or two of Lime Green Endlers. Can I get in line to purchase some, or would you like to trade for some of Adrians Species #3 Red Chest or Red Fin Hybrid.. Or worst case, can you let me know where yours came from. I am only interested in class "N".
Thank you,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.