The Planted Tank Forum banner

boxlotfish.com - good? bad? experiences?

954 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  epicfish
anybody ever order from these guys? It seems like their prices are ridiculously cheap compared to others, but the site looks a bit suspicious as well as their very low prices. In addition, they seem to only ship by airline carrier or DHL.

Any experiences with this retailer? Please share!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I don't think it's suspicious...you will see why when the bill for the shipping comes.
Air cargo is $35-$75 for 50lbs or 2 boxes. If your planning a large order it may be worth it. They also have german blue rams for $1.50.

I am considering buying from them when I stock my 240gal. Still need to research some local sources and do some price comparisons first though.

Definitely a great source if you live in Florida though. Only $7 DHL shipping per box.
I thought the prices were suspicious because many other places will charge around $35+ for shipping as well because all shipping is overnight to ensure live arrival.

But other sites, such as foster and smith's liveaquaria.com charges $2.50 (rummys) and $2 (cardinals)...

But I guess if no one's had any bad experiences, I wouldn't mind going this route for stocking my tank once it's established.
I thought the prices were suspicious because many other places will charge around $35+ for shipping as well because all shipping is overnight to ensure live arrival.

But other sites, such as foster and smith's liveaquaria.com charges $2.50 (rummys) and $2 (cardinals)...

But I guess if no one's had any bad experiences, I wouldn't mind going this route for stocking my tank once it's established.
LA has a 14 day guarantee on their livestock. LA QTs a lot of their livestock (depending on the source) before they ship out.

BLF buys directly from wholesalers then ships the fish out to you. It's another step in the transport chain to cause stress to your fish.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.