1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

This is my 250 litre planted set up

Fluval 305 and 2 chineese made powerhead filters
Aqua onr heater and a home made 2x 39watt t5 light with aqua medic bulbs i dose seachem flourish with water changes and once a month add a few flourish root tabs, diy c02 through one of the powerhead filters i have the lights on for about 8 hours or so

Current fish stock, 2 small barramundi 4 eastern perch a bunch of sword tails that my barra's havent eaten yet and a sucker fishand a couple of pepered corys and plant wise got so
E wysteria some java fern and a couple of others i forget what they are so heres a picture of the tank

Look forward to peoples thoughts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Clever, putting it next to a mirror to get twice the effect. I'll have to remember that! (and who can go wrong with a Body Glove sticker? lol)
I'm too much of a noob to contribute much, but I'd like to say that is a really nice piece of driftwood you have, the arch in it lends nice visual movement. I also like the open areas in the center with the rocks & plants to the ends of the driftwood. To me, having the weight of the tank near the ends & having an open center is balanced & pleasing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha yeah i used to be a body glove freak back in the day haha, beleive it or not this tank used to be a marine set up and my clown fish were forever trying to get to the mirror haha, and my snake enclosure is on my other wall so that the only wall with enough room for my tank hahah, yeah that peice of driftwood only just fits in the tank me n a mate found it at savages near fernvale in aus not too fussy with the plants aslong as they grow :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers its definatly heading in the right direction compared to all my other tanks hahaha

Oh yeah theres 4 blueclaw crayfish in there too for some reason they leave my plants alone :) they do like attacking the old leaves tho could be a good thing haha

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
What kind of snake do you have? Is it a native Australian species? (I love snakes)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im babysitting my sisters spotted python im expecting to pick up a bredli carpet and in a few weeks a 100%het darwin were not aloud to keep import species in aus do all our pet snakes are native to aus and i like snakes and lizzards as much as i like fish :)

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
So do I, I love old weird things, too - I've wanted to live in a Natural History museum since I was a kid...lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bit of an update i bought a tiny banded archerfish but he gets his own tank and i got rid of the cray fish they ate my bullrout the pricks also having crazy algae issues atm but on a brighter note my bredli is a happy chappy porking out on big rats :) Snake Reptile Automotive tire Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This tank is no more

Hood Twig Automotive tire Terrestrial plant Wood

All the livestock are now in a much larger 4x2x2 with a above tank trickle filter with about 3000 litre per hour going through it this tank was meant to be the new reef tank but oh well now its for my natives which also includes 2 7 spot archers

Heres a pic

Purple Entertainment Gas Magenta Event

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.