The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to walk into the local Goodwill today. Saw a bourbon bowl for sale for $4 and had to give these nano shrimp bowls a try. I plan on only spending around $25 on this entire bowl. It currently has some trims from my other tanks. I ordered a patch of fissiden fontanus that will go in the tank. I might also order some flame moss too. I want to keep it under budget. It will most likely contain some cull shrimp. Just a fun little project.

BTW the pump will be gone when this is set up. Planning to have it densely planted so I will only have to do top offs in the end. I'll get more pictures when I get some more time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to be careful because the glass is not as thick as I want it to be. But for the price I paid I am happy. I will post more pictures once I decide on what foreground I want. I might try and convert this to a quasi DSM. I have some fissiden fontanus coming but I am not sure if I want that to grow in my OEBT or PFR tank instead.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I was going to go with my first dirt tank but I didn't want to spend any more money so I used some of the Fluval Shrimp Stratum that I had. I am going to try my PFR and Rili culls in there first.

Edit: I am debating starting all over and doing a miracle grow substrate capped with something. Right now I have FSS with a root tab in there but I want this tank to be very low maintenance so dosing weekly is out of the question. Miracle grow would help out a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts