The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ello all, i'm new here.

I recently bought a aquatic life T5HO lamp fixture, with a 6000k and a roseate light. Both of which are 24 W and 2 feet long. this is on top of a 36 gallon bowfront tank. the only plants i have are hornwort and duckweed. anybody know if this will be enuf? oh and this cost me 150 dollars CAD, and considering the fact that its boxing day, i'm pretty sure i got ripped off correct?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
That light probably gives you high light intensity at the substrate level. But, the plants you mention don't need nearly that much light.

·
Registered
67 Posts
At that level of light, and without a CO2 injection, you will encounter an algae problem. If you want a low light/low tech aquarium, you'd be better off with 2x14 watt 24" T5NO.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
You didn't necessarily get ripped off. Aquatic Life fixtures are generally high-quality with a broad range of prices. Value depends on which model you bought. Scan on-line to find your model and judge accordingly. You may have just bought a premium fixture, not made a bad deal.

As Hoppy stated, its more light than you may need. Opportunity to do more with your tank if you like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts