The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So due to size reasons I moved my pleco and my catfish to another tank. Now I am left without a bottom feeder and without an algae eater in my planted tank. I am looking for some good hard workers to fill the position(s). Any suggestions (other than otos which I've never had luck with)? I've also been eyeing an L239 (blue pleco) and trying to get some more information about them...does anyone know if they will be nice to my plants???

·
Registered
256 Posts
So due to size reasons I moved my pleco and my catfish to another tank. Now I am left without a bottom feeder and without an algae eater in my planted tank. I am looking for some good hard workers to fill the position(s). Any suggestions (other than otos which I've never had luck with)? I've also been eyeing an L239 (blue pleco) and trying to get some more information about them...does anyone know if they will be nice to my plants???
True Siamese Algae Eater. He'll do algae and pick off food other fish miss. Not really a true bottom feeder (mine actually ate from the top when I went to feed, then scrounged for leftovers at the bottom) but fairly hardy and very hard working.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Knowing the size of your tank would be helpful. I do have to agree that the True SAE is a good choice and so is the Bristlenose plec.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts