The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it good as it sounds? Anyone experienced this product and could give an honest review about it? :)

·
Banned
107 Posts
Is it good as it sounds? Anyone experienced this product and could give an honest review about it? :)
I wont buy it again. I saw no benefit with my Neos over other mineral balls. Not to say it doesn't work, but for the price I want my shrimp to start speaking to me. The shrimp like them though, but I will go for for cheaper mineral balls next time.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have some in one of my tanks and Ebiken Shou balls in the other. I like the Shou balls better just because they are bigger and take up less space in the tank. There is no way to calculate whether any of these balls work, but it does bring me the peace of mind that my shrimp are in a healthy environment full of essential minerals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. They are perhaps discontinued for a reason :/

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think if anything it's overpriced so couldn't sell as much

·
Registered
154 Posts
Borneo bee ball, benibachi and ebiken shou got different purpose
I use it as well for peace of mind
Mine rock too, not increasing tds, not increasing gh, i don't see my problematic yellow fire got healthy molting from those products... Sigh...

I won't recommended those product
But the peace of mind is necessary for beginner like me

And don't forget about clay too...
Absorb ammonia and nitrites, but i don't use those product,
Better use purigen, definitely works, but still not solve nitrates problem

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I see alot of threads about clays lately. Are they like clay clay or a special clay for shrimps only? Could anyone plz recommend me a brand? ;)

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
they made from some mineral rocks

and mainly used for purify water, this is not something new, people been use this kind of materials for years. and it's very cheap in Asia, people put them into filters act like ceramic balls which contains minerals.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Does this work? maybe
worth to buy? No

Fancy because they use a different name and sell much higher with their logo on it.

sometime I don't understand why people try out so many food and additives for their shrimp tank, you should of keep it simple and clean, adding more stuff will only cuz problems down the road, to figure out what's wrong with your tank. don't fool by the marketing aspect of this hobby. simple and clean is the key to success.

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Powder additives I am familiar with, but I think some members on here mean like a clay piece or something like that I believe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.