The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Has anyone ever come across a pet store that carried Boraras brigittae (aka Chili Rasboras) or any kind of Boraras for that matter around New Jersey? I'm currently looking to get my hands on these fish. I'd like to check out how much they are in the stores and compare it to how much I'd spend if I ordered it online. Thanks in advance for any info!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
call this place http://www.tropiquarium.com/tankcombos.asp there web site is lacking but quite a nice LFS. They has 2 amazing salt water tank as you walk in. say 2000g each. ask if they can order, they have had a lot of things I have not found other places. Like my bumble bee Gobi's. I visit when ever I am on base at Fort monmouth.
Thanks sajata, I just browsed through their website and the store sounds HUGE. Like I'd get lost in there amongst all the tanks haha. I'm gonna make a note to visit that place one day. What do you think about their prices for fish?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drove down to the store today. Nice store with some variety of fish (not as much as I thought but still decent). Had some fish I don't see often...but that's because there's only chain pet stores around me (eg petco, petsmart). They have a lot of tiger barbs and neon tetras...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oops sorry I had auto subscription to my own thread off so I never saw your posts. Fixed*

It's been a couple months, but any news F22? If you didn't pursue the course of obtaining Boraras locally, I understand since I didn't reply at all. I'm looking at either Boraras brigittae and/or maculatus for my 10 gallon tank.

I'm most likely going to order from invertzfactory when the temperature goes up a bit if I can't find anything locally.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been to the Pet Shanty once. I gotta check it out again some day because when I went there weren't many fish in stock. I haven't been to the Shark Aquarium though. Gotta go there next time I have a day off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.