The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone read this? This is quite an old book. I have access to it, should I bother considering it was first published in 1920?

(I am interested in the physiology of water plants.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Has anyone read this? This is quite an old book. I have access to it, should I bother considering it was first published in 1920?

(I am interested in the physiology of water plants.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being a book collector, I would not hesitate to buy a book that was older if it was of interest to me. I have several aquarium fish books from mid-twentieth century that I use often for reference. Im sure that some of the information in the book you are considering would be dated, but most of the plant physiology in native environments would still be pertinent.

·
snails are your friend
3,021 Posts
Yeah, I still have some of my Dad's old aquarium books and a few others that have been gifted to me over the years that are interesting to read because it makes you realize all the advancements we enjoy today. While I will never need to collect rainwater for my tetras and so forth, it's pretty fascinating to see how hobbyists did it back when they had metal framed slate bottomed aquariums and about 3 medications to choose from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts