The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a couple of these guys the other day and I'm wondering are they sensitive to c02? One of them was spinning in circles last night then would sit on the bottom of the tank. I do run my co2 a little high. During the peek light period my ph is 6.4 and lights out in the morning it is 6.6 to 6.8. I have 0 Ammonia, 0 nitrates and no nitrites. From day one both seemed to be mouth breathers. Last night the one was breathing thru it's mouth and gills. I thought he was done for so I moved him to my 5.5g grow tank and this morning he looks better. The 5.5g tank is not cycled completely. The ammonia is .25 or a little lower. I'm new to this fish and I'm confused. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did a Google search and could not find any conclusive info for his symptoms. I also should add he is kinda a runt. Very thin from day one that I got him.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Mine did fine with my c02, but really it should be turned down, or almost off when adding new fish like rams.

Having NO nitrate tells me your tank is not fully cycled, or the test is off. A healthy tank should have some nitrate.

How long has your tank been set up? Even though they are a bit hardier in my experience then German blue rams, I still don't feel comfortable putting them into newer tanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts