The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started with 14 tetras, 1 Bolivian ram. I bought 3 2 .5 inch angelfish and then moved the tetras into a qt tank because they were sick.they've been there for two weeks. I bought another orange marbled angelfish yesterday and now the Bolivian ram is nipping it, like literally biting it! It doesn't pick on the others, its scared of them. Why is it picking on this one all of a sudden??

The other angelfish don't bother the new angelfish its just that pesky ram.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's picking on the new angel? It probably sees it as a threat to territory and is establishing dominance. You can try moving decor around, which will mess up their territories and force them to establish new ones. You can also try isolating the ram into a breeder box for a few days and then release it, which will make it the new fish again. If those don't work and the new fish is being injured by the ram, then one of them may have to go.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would guess that the new one hasn't learned to stay out of the Bolivians territory, which may be the entire bottom of your tank, depending on the tank size and the personality of your ram. As long as there isn't any damage and your tank is large enough, they'll probably work it out. My Bolivians don't like any of the gourami's in the tank to come down to the bottom and always nip at them...But no harm is done and the gourami's don't seem much bothered by it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.