The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share some pictures of my Bolivian Ram fry. This is the pairs second try. The first time the eggs were eaten overnight, probably by shrimp or snails. This time I left a night light on and things went much better. They are turning out to be amazing parents!

They're in a 50 gallon tank with 5 Pearl Gouramis, 13 Rummynose Tetras and another male Bolivian. So far the other fish are all respecting the no-swim zone established by the parents. The fry (maybe 40-50 of them) have made it to 2 weeks free swimming with minimal losses.

Shortly after spawning. Notice the shrimp that's thinking caviar might be on the menu tonight.

Two days later and the eggs are darker and you can see eyespots if you look close.

Seven days post spawning, Papa giving me the stink eye as he looks after the kids.

Fry with a belly full of brine shrimp at about 2 weeks after free swimming.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think so, though I've never done it before. I'm a little concerned that I'll end up with a bunch of fish with no homes for them. I really didn't expect them to be so successful.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Join a fish club out where you are. There's always someone in my club looking for something to put in a tank. That's where all my assassin snails and yellow neo shrimp go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.