The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with a good board for depression related topics? Ive been struggling lately. Seeing a DOC, but would like a place to share and vent.

chaz_

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
hey, youve got a flying pig, how bad can it be???

J/K, I dont know of anywhere to refer you, but Im a good listener if you need someone to talk to. Send me a PM if you think I can help. Keep your head up, every day above ground beats the heck out of the alternative.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
There might be one out there but maybe ask your Dr. for a referral to a professional? Internet forums wouldn't be my first place to seek advice, information yes, but advice, no.

I've dealt with panic attacks as a symptom of an anxiety disorder and found a great person to help me cope with it without the use of drugs long term.

The Dr. could only write a script and turn me into a zombie. lol

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There might be one out there but maybe ask your Dr. for a referral to a professional? Internet forums wouldn't be my first place to seek advice, information yes, but advice, no.

I've dealt with panic attacks as a symptom of an anxiety disorder and found a great person to help me cope with it without the use of drugs long term.

The Dr. could only write a script and turn me into a zombie. lol
I am seeing someone, I just thought that some issues would be best shared amongst the "crazies".

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey, youve got a flying pig, how bad can it be???

J/K, I dont know of anywhere to refer you, but Im a good listener if you need someone to talk to. Send me a PM if you think I can help. Keep your head up, every day above ground beats the heck out of the alternative.
Flyin pigs are the bomb!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Have you contacted any licensed counselors in your area? By "DOC" I assume you are referring to either a psychiatrist or a medical doctor. Most of these individuals don't do very much long term counseling, they are more geared toward the medication side of treatment instead of working on the past and/or stage of life issues.

There also might be some group counseling sessions taking place in your area where individuals with a specific mental issue come together to talk about the problem. These groups are typically led by a trained mental health person.

You can PM me if you would like, I have worked as a LPC for nearly 2 years.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I would seek a support group with real, in-person members.

Internet forums aren't a good way to build community related to mental health. There are plenty of success stories, but more often then not online communities suffer from more mental health issues than they resolve.

There are LOTS of groups around the topic of depression.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts