The Planted Tank Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Breeding pairs of regular brown BN that also produce some albino and calico fry $20/pair.
Unsexed albino and/or calico juvies $3/each or $15/6.
Super red BN, unsexed juvies, $20/each or $100/6.
Pure endler's livebearers, black bar and peacock, mixed sizes and sexes $10/dozen.
Blonde endler's livebearers, mixed sizes and sexes $15/dozen.
Proven pair of HRP's, $15.
Ruby red peacocks, available from small fry to adult breeding groups, $5-$12/each depending on size/age.
Najas indica, grows well under low light. Great for new setups, breeding, and/or growout tanks. Stuffed ziploc bags, $5/quart or $10/gallon.
Salvinia, fast-growing floater, $5 for a couple dozen plants.
Pix available if interested.
Priority Mail shipping is usually under $8 for a smaller box, depending on your zip code.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Few pix:
Calico BN juvies:

Calico and albino juvies:

Blonde endler's:

Adult male super red BN:

Juvies:

Najas indica run amok:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still have plenty of BN, endler's, and plants available.

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
Great seller of endlers here folks!:thumbsup:

I still have the ones I bought from you last year and there are dozens of them now.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only dozens? You must not be feeding them enough... :red_mouth Once you have a dozen or so females dropping fry regularly you'll soon have hundreds. I move them into a 40 breeder for the zebra knife to chow down by the dozens, and they reproduce almost as fast as they get eaten.
Only thing worse than the endler's are the 3 pairs of cutteri in a 90 gallon tank. I have 6 Tanganykian moustache catfish in that tank to keep the hundreds of fry they constantly produce under control, and even then a few manage to get by; 5 are easier to handle than 5,000.

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
I just feed them once every two days or so. I'm not really into breeding them. Also, my tank is open so most males jumps out. Some juveniles got caught by the filter intake and would stay there for few weeks and yet still lives.

Only dozens? You must not be feeding them enough... :red_mouth Once you have a dozen or so females dropping fry regularly you'll soon have hundreds. I move them into a 40 breeder for the zebra knife to chow down by the dozens, and they reproduce almost as fast as they get eaten.
Only thing worse than the endler's are the 3 pairs of cutteri in a 90 gallon tank. I have 6 Tanganykian moustache catfish in that tank to keep the hundreds of fry they constantly produce under control, and even then a few manage to get by; 5 are easier to handle than 5,000.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen several posts regarding fish in filters, sucked in as eggs or tiny fry and when they're found have grown 2-3x the size the rest of the brood. Apparently the constant water flow (and nonstop swimming) makes them use more energy and grow much faster. Gotta suck though, never get a break or be able to rest unless they can swim in their sleep...

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
This thread has automatically been closed by the forum. All sales threads are closed automatically after 31 days by the forum software as per our Swap N Shop rules unless you are a Power Seller. If you have any concerns you can contact the forum staff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.