The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to decide on which light to get . with BML closing in few days i don't have much time but i like them and already have one dutch xb over my 90p i also like the ability to dim with apex ( will get one soon hopefully) one think i'm not sure with kessil is how much light will spill over and how its going to look . so what you guys think pictures of your set up welcome.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
FWIW, I have a 120H with two A160we Kessils. I tried an Ecoxotic E series and a Satellite Plus Pro. To me the look of the pendants above the tank was preferable to strip lights on the tank or strip lights suspended above making for a better overall appearance of the tank. I also liked the appearance of the fish and plants with the Kessil more than the other two fixtures. With the Spectral controller, Kessil is also very flexible with creating a custom lighting schedule. For me it was no contest. Buy all three fixtures, if you can, from someone with a good return policy and try them out yourself.

·
Registered
13,079 Posts
well i just thought i'll try something new and also isn't kessil more like MC BML light so maybe that customization would be nice to have. i'm open to other suggestions as well.
you may want to check on the MC one. noticed BML has already pulled it as an option.......
Kessils "range" is too narrow for my tastes 6000-9000k is just white or whiter.. Personal thing..

24" Current planted plus PRO is the closest thing to a MC BML currently available ..well there are a few more..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FWIW, I have a 120H with two A160we Kessils. I tried an Ecoxotic E series and a Satellite Plus Pro. To me the look of the pendants above the tank was preferable to strip lights on the tank or strip lights suspended above making for a better overall appearance of the tank. I also liked the appearance of the fish and plants with the Kessil more than the other two fixtures. With the Spectral controller, Kessil is also very flexible with creating a custom lighting schedule. For me it was no contest. Buy all three fixtures, if you can, from someone with a good return policy and try them out yourself.
satellite plus pro is actually another light that i like but i really like the idea of one controller (APEX) to controll all my setups . running out off people who can take care of my tanks when i'm gone. :)

Bump:
you may want to check on the MC one. noticed BML has already pulled it as an option.......
Kessils "range" is too narrow for my tastes 6000-9000k is just white or whiter.. Personal thing..

24" Current planted plus PRO is the closest thing to a MC BML currently available ..
yes that is the "problem" i would really like to try MC BML but they don't have that option anymore.

·
Registered
13,079 Posts
satellite plus pro is actually another light that i like but i really like the idea of one controller (APEX) to controll all my setups . running out off people who can take care of my tanks when i'm gone. :)

Bump:

yes that is the "problem" i would really like to try MC BML but they don't have that option anymore.
separate "system" but global control......

Radion ? XR15 Freshwater | EcoTech Marine

·
Registered
178 Posts
How about just buy the BML and then if you don't like it or want to try Kessil later you can sell it. Right now it doesn't look like anyone is going to step up to fill the position in the market BML will vacate so I expect their lights will hold some decent value.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.