The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me how can I trim this grass? It's all over the place.

Can I trim it from the top too? Like hairgrass.

Thanks a bunch.

Lissette

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm not having that problem yet. I'm having trouble getting mine to grow any real height.

When I first got it though it was taller, and I was able to separate the stalks.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
If you have a big "bush", it will consist of several stems. With your hands, just spread the blyxa out a little bit and you should be able to see several stems. :proud:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
It's not going to look like hair grass. It will always look like bushes. It grows side shoot off the main stem. You can trim off the side stems and plant them. As the mother plants gets taller you could uproot it and trim off some of the bottom, but then you loose your root base. It will reform.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for your replies.

So, I can't trim her from the top? Damn. The mother plant is tall and real bushy. I guess I'll be trimming them from the bottom.

Lissette

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not having that problem yet. I'm having trouble getting mine to grow any real height.

When I first got it though it was taller, and I was able to separate the stalks.
Give it time. I bought this plant when it was real small. I have lots of light and lots of Co2. She pearls like mad and she's beautiful. You'll see.

Lissette:wink:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A lot of pearling? Wow, you must really be pouring it to them. Are you getting the red, almost purple color, or is it still bright green?
They're bright green. I didn't know that they can turn colors. You learn something new everyday.:icon_smil

Lissette

And yes..I'm pouring 4wpg on a 40 breeder with a hell of lot of Co2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts