The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
I had the same thing hapened to me. Only about half inch of one stem was left, but it rebounded good after that. But I noticed that blyxa needs time to "get acclimate" to your water. Once it sends roots, it will start to grow.

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if the blyxa is new...it always melts away after being replanted...wait 2 wks for new growth

if you dont see any growth in a month, then you should worry
Its not new. Its already completely gone.

Same thing happened to me when my co2 levels started to drop.
I think I've kept my CO2 at a high level. Recently switched to an atomic diffuser so I think it'll help the next time I add some blyxa...

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
if the blyxa is new...it always melts away after being replanted...wait 2 wks for new growth

if you dont see any growth in a month, then you should worry
I got 3 poundfs of blyxa shipped to me as my first plant, i experienced no melting, a few things have caused mine to melt in a separate tank however, low nutrients and light, in good light my blyxa japonica turned light pinkish red, with the lower portions of the plant being green, i added some hygros to the tank and lowered the light cycle and raised the lights, the combination killed my plants, other than that nothing changed, it could be one thing or it could be a combination, however h202 did nothing good for my blyxa, i no longer treat algae with it

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got 3 poundfs of blyxa shipped to me as my first plant, i experienced no melting, a few things have caused mine to melt in a separate tank however, low nutrients and light, in good light my blyxa japonica turned light pinkish red, with the lower portions of the plant being green, i added some hygros to the tank and lowered the light cycle and raised the lights, the combination killed my plants, other than that nothing changed, it could be one thing or it could be a combination, however h202 did nothing good for my blyxa, i no longer treat algae with it
3 pounds?! damn........ That actually alot..... So I'm guessing that blyxa is extra sensitive to H2O2?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Is that my blyxa you got?

Hmm...well your GH is spectacularly higher than mine is. Has your temperature spiked lately?

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that my blyxa you got?

Hmm...well your GH is spectacularly higher than mine is. Has your temperature spiked lately?
Haha not sure about that. Maybe? It was too long ago.... lol Nope, I barely keep my heater on during the summer months... Only for 3 hours during the night... Can high GH cause melting?

my blyxa didnt like it too much when i used it, yeah 3 pounds of blyxa got as raok for my first plants was awesome, now im getting rid of pretty much all of it
Haha ok. I think I'll just give it another try and see how it goes... Hopefully I can change some things as they go.... :)

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Hmm...well. Unless they've stopped growing I wouldn't really worried about it. Some plants are just weird. Have you changed your lighting schedule at all?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.