The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so we all are fighting off Seasonal Affective Disorder and need a little lift, especially since the economy is in the dumps.

Here's what I have for you.

Bargain, mini packages of Blue Tiger shrimp. So maybe I wouldn't endorse the idea of trying to start a breeding population off this few specimens. But a smaller package has its merits.

First, it's more affordable.

Second, you can see if BTs and you get along, without investing a lot of your increasingly scarce dollars.

So what I'm offering are packages of SIX small BT juvies - three will be showing blue and three will be looking blonde, but at their 3/8-1/2 inch size they will not have colored up so we don't really know if any of those blondes will turn blue, and besides you get mixed colors when you breed, and mixed colors produce lovely colonies with many dark blues. Not that this is really an adequate start for breeding, mind you, I suggest at least a dozen or two to start breeding colonies, but if you want to test the waters for cheap...

Free shipping via priority mail. Continental US destinations only.

You can upgrade to express mail for an additional $15.

You can buy more than one package if you want. The first unit is $45, each successive unit is $30.

*Pricing is based on personal payments through paypal, but you are welcome to pay non-personal; just add the 4% paypal fee to your total for payment. The non-personal type payment buys you paypal's buyer's guarantee of purchase, if this is important to you. My guarantee is the same, regardless of which you choose. I simply offer you the choice to save yourself the fee.

LIVE ARRIVAL GUARANTEE: For any DOA, you must show a clear picture in the unopened shipping bag on the day of arrival. You will be refunded $4.25 per dead shrimp, regardless of color.

For now, the weather is ok for my insulated shipping boxes. When it starts to get colder, I will adjust the pricing to include heat pack or box upsize or both.

Shrimp will be alloted on a first-paid-first-alloted basis through paypal. I will take some orders including payments, then hold on taking more payments until the next shipping, but you will have your place in line by the time of your PM to me.

Please respond via PM as I don't always catch posts in the threads.

Thanks for reading, please see my feedback.

DK

Attachments

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks Jon for the pic. See, I told you I can't get decent pics of them with my setup and camera. She looks gorgeous! Shows the color much better.

Folks, Jon is local and came to my house and helped me A LOT to do some tank work since I have a ripped rotator cuff at present. He tore down and re-started one of my 75 show tanks, and went home with a couple bags of shrimp.

LOL!! ;)

Everyone, I have all your stacks of PMs and will get to answering them as I get the shipments ahead of yours out, so I don't get ahead of myself or lose people through the cracks.

Please be patient and you will hear back from me!

DK

·
Registered
427 Posts
We're gonna have to update that shipping success rate up to 7/7 as my Blue Tigers arrived yesterday afternoon in California, in perfect condition. The shrimp were super active and I followed the seller's detailed acclimation instructions. All this added up to perfectly healthy and beautifully colored Blue Tiger shrimp! They're filtering and eating some algae wafers alongside with some Red Cherry Shrimp in my scape right now. If you ever buy any Blue Tigers, or CRS or any shrimp for that matter, check with this seller first--expect quality for an unbeatable price!

I'll post pictures as soon as I get home! Check back!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oh man great deal~
I've got some CRS and Blue tiger shrimps from him and they are great~
None of my CRS has died, but 3-4 blue tiger died... not doing so great... but rest other tiger shrimps are eating nd moving around great.
Hopefully I can breed them.
Any ways, here are some picture of blue tiger shrimps.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks again! The Blue Tigers are doing great in my tank. They were eating from the first moment they were in their new home and have perked up to a deep blue (even the babies!). Thanks also for the extras :)

1 - 20 of 113 Posts