The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my adventure with shrimp started as I'm sure many others did, with red cherry shrimp. I put them in my tanks and they started breeding and of course after a while you start to assume you have some magical breeding powers and this power extends to other invertebrates. So after coming across an Fluval Ebi for a steal I thought it a good idea to acquire some orange eyed blue tiger shrimp. Shortly after almost all the females are berried and I decide they need a bigger tank. I ended up getting a 20 gallon and a bunch of fluval stratum(flora and ebi).

So my goal with this tank is to have a aesthetically pleasing tank that is functional. I started with putting in a piece of root wood with xmas moss and a few strands of needle leaf java fern attached to it, in the tank. I then added some java ferns and a crynum to the other side as well as a couple moss balls. As of now there is only about 15 blue tigers in here, the majority of them are in my 60. I have seen first hand that these guys do not breed true so I want to eventually get a second smaller tank for the blonde tiger shrimp. I'm hopeing if I stick to low tech plants I can get this tank looking descent without using ferts or co2.

Equipment:
As of now just the sponge filter
No heater keeping it around 72f
dual t5ho 24" 1 10k, 1 12k

Tossed the sponge filter in the back right and the moss balls next to the wood. The shrimp love the wood and moss rarely leave it to venture to the right. Still debating carpet plants atm. Little bit of extra food left on the balls.

By jameslibtech at 2011-09-28

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, but no they aren't, for some reason in this picture they do look awfully low...weird

EDIT: so I ended up double checking this morning and they are actually burried lower then the rhiozomes....I must have pushed some of the substrate around when I had the wood out the other day, thanks for the heads up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.