The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up tome Blue shrimp while I was at my LHS. Is there anything special I need to do with these shrimp?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why did you say they were Rainbow Shrimp before? Do you have a picture to confirm they are the Neocardina sp. "blue" shrimp?
The guy said they where rainbow, but when I looked on line they aren't anything like them, they look like blue shrimp. I'll try to get some pictures.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Hey I might have ran into you this weekend if that's when you got them.....

Fish Ranch II?

I got some from them as well but they don't have the stripe on their back and I am almost positive they are sp. Blue. City Pets also has them but they look similar to yours....possibly some sort of RCS mix.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah, that was me. I think one or two of them are blue, but the rest are something different several people, including you have thought they where RCS.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I just got a batch like that here in the US... don't know where the LFS shipped them in from.

They looked almost black in their tank... we thought they might be some kind of black strain of cherry, but in the bag they got all supper light and totally blue. Then, as soon as we put them in our tank, they darkened up to near black when they get on the drift wood and a blackish blue when they are on the brown gravel.

As far as I read, that would make them rainbow shrimp, but every source gives a little different information, so I don't know.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
From what I read about rainbow shrimp is they have the faint stripe and go from yellow to green, not super blue.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Hummm, then I don't know what they are.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My blue one can go from almost clear to reddish and back to blue.The black one with the stripe I think is a dark cherry morph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts