The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys just wanted to share with you the rilis I just got the other day. They were a little pale yesterday but are starting to color up..some of them have the red rili trait while others have minimal to no red at all. they look very much like blue pearls but this is only day 1 after introducing them to their tank. my camera sucks so bear with me..it's one of those sony point and shoot cameras. so without further ado..

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice shrimp! Pretty decent pics too ^^
Thanks! yeah i know i didn't even realize unitl now how decent the quality was..on the camera it looked like crap oh well

They will get even bluer with age. Mine have :)
cool I will def look out for that

these shrimp are awesome..I mean who would have ever thought that red rilis would ever have the elusive blue pigment that is so sought after.
on another note it's so amazing to see how the shrimp hobby has grown starting from cherries to sakuras to pfrs to rilis and other color morphs.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Nice dude. These guys grow very fast. I had 4 juvies and now(bout 2-3 weeks) they're adult size almost.

·
Registered
785 Posts
They will get even bluer with age. Mine have :)
I was really concern about that too. Hopefully your word come true:)

The red on the head and tail cover very small area, dose it get larger with age?
I'm guessing it probabaly require selective breed to get thicker and more coverage of red? Or it is what it is and i should just be happy with a spash of red on it.

I see some red rilis with a full painted head and tail, i'm just wondering if the blue one will ever get that way.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
They are born with the pattern and so far it seems random. To be 100% honest when I first got mine a few months ago I was disappointed in them but about a month later they started really growing and coloring up. Now I am happy with them :) The babies have no blue at all. my hatchlings are actually orange and are now just starting to look lke rilis :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it's day 2 in their new home they seem pretty shy all of them just hid in the little breeding tubes that sit in the corner.. i guess being couped up in a box for 5 days in transit made them light sensitive..I'm sure they'll come around.

They are born with the pattern and so far it seems random. To be 100% honest when I first got mine a few months ago I was disappointed in them but about a month later they started really growing and coloring up. Now I am happy with them :) The babies have no blue at all. my hatchlings are actually orange and are now just starting to look lke rilis :)
interesting care to share pictures of yours?

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
2 of the original adults have virtually none. So far the babies seem to have a good front back proportion of red. It's hard to keep track the tank they are in is heavily planted and decked out with moss. Little buggers like to hide a lot lol

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you happy with how they colored up as they grew?

And you should already have some babies by now or should be getting close, right?
Yes I'm pretty content with the color and yes I have babies. As of now I'm going focus more on breeding these guys so I have a decent amount to start culling out the red and breeding the blue and green color more.

Yea have you had a new generation pop up yet?
oh okay I just saw your post in the other thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.