The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well my stocking will look like this, dual penguin 200 power filters, heavily planted 45g tall.

Can I add either Red or Blue shrimp to this with ease? Will it cause any conflictions? Will they breed in the tank if I have enough hiding spots? I would like to sell/give them off.

Any input is appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Looks to me like you want to buy expensive fish food.
The only shrimp safe fish are your otos. The others will eat baby shrimp and some of them will take the adults apart piece by piece. If you have a ton of shrimp, some might survive and keep a small colony going if there are enough hiding spaces but they will live their entire life in fear.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The only shrimp safe fish are your otos. The others will eat baby shrimp and some of them will take the adults apart piece by piece. If you have a ton of shrimp, some might survive and keep a small colony going if there are enough hiding spaces but they will live their entire life in fear.
Agreed you can't keep shrimp in that tank.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

·
Registered
58 Posts
If the plants offer plenty of hiding spots you'll be fine. I have 4 GBR, neon tetras, a female Betta, guppies and an angelfish. I've never seen them hunting for shrimp, also never seen half eaten shrimp on the floor. I have tons of rcs and a few amanos

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
The albino cats will eat baby shrimp?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Fish will eat what fits in their mouth. Corys are omnivores if it fits, it's food.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.