The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share a quick video of all the little shrimplets I have swimming around in my 10G.
It's not a very pretty tank for sure, but they seem to be pretty happy in there. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHYKEbmHhXp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

If anyone knows how to embed an instagram video, let me know. The embed link that instagram gave me wasn't accepted by the forum software.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well. I do have a 20g cube waterbox on the way that I couldn't resist from a sale they had last Friday/Saturday (20% off).

So... In a couple months (after the shrimplets are older and the 20G has had some time running to establish itself) all the shrimp will be getting a prettier home. :) And some oto friends.

I got into this for the fish and plants, but I have to say I'm really enjoying the shrimp the most. They are good little workers.

Bump: Any tips for helping survival rate?

I feed them powder (bacter ae) every few days.
I'm just changing out a quart of water every other day to get the 10% weekly and reduce shock. (remineralized RO)
Only running a sponge filter.

They're 9-10 days old. Should I be expecting most to survive at this point? I have no experience with shrimplets.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The blue babies look awesome!

I got some a few months ago, and they hid until just recently. I have them in a 55 with a lot of plants and hiding places. About 3 weeks ago I noticed some little blue specks and now they are all over including the adults. I think it just takes time for them to get comfortable, and pretty soon you have an army of shrimp.

Reactions: Roboto

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The blue babies look awesome!

I got some a few months ago, and they hid until just recently. I have them in a 55 with a lot of plants and hiding places. About 3 weeks ago I noticed some little blue specks and now they are all over including the adults. I think it just takes time for them to get comfortable, and pretty soon you have an army of shrimp.
I was running two sponge filters, one of which created a lot of water movement. Once I stopped the turbulent filter they all came out and have been partying ever since.
They aren't shy at all and they're only 10 days old.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My adults were the shy ones. I think the initial shyness was from the 10 Glowlight Danios I had in there. They got moved to the 75 gallon and now everyone's happier.

Reactions: Nuthatch and Roboto

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My adults were the shy ones. I think the initial shyness was from the 10 Glowlight Danios I had in there. They got moved to the 75 gallon and now everyone's happier.
Ha! I have danios and they are the most annoying fish. They eat everything faster than everyone and they're always sprinting around pissing everyone off.
I keep them by themselves now in the quarantine tank only to get visitors when someone new is coming in. And I have to net them to feed the new fish too sometimes.

·
Registered
349 Posts
LOL, too true.. I was going to get CPDs but they ended up being in quarantine, so I substituted the glowlights.. Man are they spazzy!

Reactions: Roboto
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.