1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
582 Posts
There's alot of specualtion that those shrimp have been dyed with methelyne (sp?) blue and are not a true blue shrimp. The offspring from them are not blue, that's the reasoning behind that. That's all I've heard though.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Could be legit.
Afterall, there are blue lobsters and blue macros.
Also, there are blue dwarf crayfish having the offspring problem. most of their kids aren't relly blue.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Not sure if this is what your looking for, but the seller indicates the offspring are also dark blue and not blue-ish like other variaties of the shrimp. Only problem he is in Germany.

Here are some of the Blueish pearls

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I got some of what I think are the same Blue Buddhas from Evan @ Fishtown. There were teeny blue offspring in his tank. Unfortunately, I shut down the 10 gal shrimp only tank and turned it back into a QT as every shrimp in it eventually died except 2 Tigers and 1 Cherry. I put them in the 58 and I haven't seen the Tigers since. I may get more Blues, Bees and Tigers and try them in the 58.

Tommy

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Not sure if this is what your looking for, but the seller indicates the offspring are also dark blue and not blue-ish like other variaties of the shrimp. Only problem he is in Germany.

Here are some of the Blueish pearls

These two shrimps are real... now I know some of his pictures have been enhanced in the past so personally I would be very very cautious of buying things from him.

But blue tigers and blue tinted snowballs are legit!

Sooner or later I might be breeding a blue form of RCS we will see how it goes... I have some purple shrimp at the moment....:D

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
The blue pearls are a color morph of the snowball shrimp.

PURPLE shrimp?!?!?!!!! I have to see that!
I think we need a picture your purple shrimp!
Well let's just say my pictures are worse than a preschooler's fingerpainting...

Oh and Anne, It was from you:drool: I told you the shrimp where blue from the cold when they got here right... well I wasn't being sarcastic. Most of them went back to red or a dark burgundy red, but I have a purple female. I think what happened was the color pigments glands things (brain dead at moment... what's the name of that thing?) got shocked and screwed up, But I'm hoping that she will pass that gene, it's unlikely though.

-Andrew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.