The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I admit not having read into the genetics much but what crosses are possible to yield blue bolts? And furthermore, what the heck is a mischling? From some pictures I've seen with blue bolts involved in almost looks like a hodge podge of awesome shrimp are tossed in a tank together and then you hope for the best. I would assume you would need many tanks to split generations, F1, F2, etc but maybe I'm wrong. So yeah, can anyone give the 'dumbed down' version of answers???:)

·
The Security Dude
4,336 Posts
Tibee is a cross with tiger and crystal CBS crs Snow White. Blue bolt is a tb or Taiwan bee. They are mutations from crystals. Blue bolts came from bkk and snow whites I think. Was a Taiwan bee mutation. Hard to pin point how you get them best bet is have one or 2 in the group and you will get more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Tibees = TIger bee = Tigers x Bee shrimp (CRS, CBS, CWS, TBs, ...)

TB = Taiwan bees = a bee shrimp colour morph

BB = Blue Bolt, formula to get it is to be verified, try BKK x ( F1 from BKK x Low grade golden ). If you have BKK with bar(s), you sometimes can see the white part turns a bit blue. I think all BKK has blue in their gene, you use low grade golden to bring out the blue of BKK, and really, you can only hope for the best. The easiest way to get BB is --- start with a BB.

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
I have had blue bolts pop up more from just BKK x BKK mating than anything to do with hybrids. I think blue bolt is just another color variation of taiwan bee and not neccessarily a cross of anything

·
Wanabe BKK Herder
2,159 Posts
I am always getting the TiBee and TB mixed up. Sigh.

I bought 30 f1s from a certain source that is no longer around and never got a single baby that didn't look like a CBS (leaving me to doubt if I got what I paid for). Those are the very shrimp that are breeding in my 20G-long right now. It's been over a year I think. Nothing but CBS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts