The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so 2 days ago I went to a fish store called “Optimum Aquarium” and bought an “electric blue acara”. They sell the Blue Acara and the electric. But at the time they were out of stock on the Blue Acara. But either way I wanted the electric because the colors are more vibrant. And when I was online looking for pictures of the electric blue acara I noticed that their eyes are like dark colored or black. But I noticed that my little “EBA” has red eyes.. when I try to search online the difference between both I don’t find anything. Mine is only like 2 inches big and he’s a male. But can anyone help me and verify I was sold an actual Electric blue acara or just the Normal blue acara?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first concern was wether or not this was even an acara at all, and possibly a blue ram instead. After looking at all the pictures a few times though, I'm pretty sure it is in fact an acara. Also definitely an electric blue. Normal blues are not solid colored or this bright. However, I would say 2 inches may still be a little too young to determine gender yet. The only definite way to tell is by breeding tube. Any body and/or fin size, shape, color is not 100% accurate and also can't really be factored until the fish is more mature.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts