The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recebtly bought a pair of blood fins tetras( planning on getting more) but they fins are not red like they suppossed to be...is it because they're lacking something in their diet?

·
Registered
706 Posts
are they standard or glass bloodfins? the glass ones have less red in the fins and seem to be the one sold most commonly now. i would get at least 6 of them, they like company and will color up better in a group. going to replace my rummy nose and cardinals with them as they die off in my large planted tank, they are much more active and i love the flash of silver and red.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well actually they are a bit transparent..more than usual i have no idea/// But i can almost see right through them...and yea i'm going to get more of them..bu ti'm waiting for more space to be made.

·
Registered
706 Posts
you got glass bloodfins, the fins will never get as red as the standard bloodfin. i you want more red, i would go out and get the regular silver ones. they will do fine with the ones you already have, i mix green fire bloodfins (slight green tingeon body, and white tips on the red fins) with my regular bloodfins and they are ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.