The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helloz

well its my first time at this website, and its my first C02 system.
I got the Milwaukee regulator and it seems i blew it up.... can these be fixed ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your regulator. What exactly happened to it or what symptoms does it display? Did you put the regulator on your co2 canister then open the valve on the co2 before opening the main valve and needle valve?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
With a Milwaukee regulator you have to follow their instructions for starting the system, or you experience just the type of problem you seem to have. Pressure gages can be replaced, but as I recall, they install those gages with a sealant, and high torque, making it extremely difficult to remove them. I didn't try very hard to remove mine, but hard enough to see that it is a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well from what it appears .... it pressure gauge and the needle are dead.
i cant remember what exactly happened, but i do remember that too much pressure went into the regulator which caused the needle of the gauge to do a whole circle. and hit the bottom of the plastic needle on which it usually sits.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
That is the typical result of opening the CO2 bottle valve with the regulator pressure knob not backed all the way out, to zero output pressure. I think it is just the gage that is ruined, not the regulator. But, when I tried to remove that gage on mine, so I could use it on a different regulator, it was obvious that I was not going to be able to do it without risking damage to the regulator from holding it against the wrench toque on the gage. It is worth trying though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, lets say i changed the needle valve (cause for some reason its stuck and wouldn't turn) .... is it possible to make the system run without the guage ?

if yes, whats the "negative" effects of doing so ?

·
Super Moderator
12,014 Posts
Well, the needle valve has nothing to do with the situation, so replacing it due to the stock Milwaukee needle valve has no relevance.

However, even without the pressure gauge, you can still use the regulator. You just won't be able to determine the delivery pressure (if it is the low side pressure gauge that blew) or the amount of gas left in the tank (if it is the high side pressure gauge that blew). I suspect it is the former, and not the latter, however.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
You could contact the Milwaukee customer service people, to see what they recommend. I found them to be among the best customer service people I have dealt with. They might even send you a new gage or regulator (you can always dream).

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
How bad was the needle on the guage damage , Is it stuck to the far right?
This happen to me an my needle will not go all the way down too zero it stop's at 10psi so I just read zero from there and guess the psi {add 20psi and the guage reads 30psi}.

·
Banned
567 Posts
Back from the dead

I'm resurrecting this thread because I just got off the horn with Milwaukee and told the I bought a used regulator and that it may be 4-5 years old and that the needle valve and bubble counter were shot, so without a question one, they are going to send me a needle valve and bubble counter for free! Great folks down there at Milwaukee Instruments Inc.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts