The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some bladderwort come in on some riccia. I went out of town for nearly a month and had my trusted neighbor look after the tanks. The bladderwort sprang up and went crazy. When I got back it had invaded every corner of the tank. I now have bladderwort in my HC. I try to pick it out but it breaks, spreading it's self again. Is there any way people know of to get rid of it? Is there something that eats it?

Cheers

·
Registered
91 Posts
Use a toothbrush to snag it and kinda twirl it like spaghetti. I haven't heard of anything that eats the stuff.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a bunch come in on some bunched plants a few weeks back and didn't notice it until I a few days after I had everything planted. In the end I basically had to uproot about half my tank, take the bunches apart, clean every plant, replant everything, and keep an eye out to make sure it didn't come back.

Be careful not to brake any of the strands. The smallest piece left floating in the water column will attach to something and grow like crazy and you will have to start the entire process over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.