The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5 of the Black skirt tetra's and I was wanting to get some ghost shrimp to help keep my tank clean but I haven't been able to find any information on whether or not the tetra's will eat the shrimp or not. If anybody has any advice on this please let me know, lol. I don't want to get the shrimp and then they all disappear. Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a breeding colony of ghost shrimp in a tank with bolivian and blue rams, kubotai botias, congo and emperor tetras, siamese algae eaters, and other assorted community-type fish. I originally purchased 6 at 15 cents apiece, figuring they'd either be a healthy snack or a valuable scavenger. It turns out my fish either don't eat them, or they reproduce in great enough numbers to offset being eaten. There's over 40 in there now of all different sizes. Now, I can't say for sure that your tetras won't snack on them, but if they have plenty of cover and you introduce them inconspicuously, I would say they should be safe. They have their natural transparency working for them as camouflage, as opposed to RCS with their bright red color that says "come eat me, I'm probably delicious!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.