The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a black skirt tetra (glofish) that doesn't seem to be doing well. It can't seem to get to the top of the tank and lays on my plants and on the ground most of the day. It seems like it's head is raised higher than the rest of its body when it tries to swim up. I've noticed that the nape/top part of its head is now flat compared to my other tetras what have a rounded top of their heads. Is this a swim bladder issue? The only change recently was from freeze dried worms to spiralina flakes. No new fish or livestock in many months so less likely a bug. I just separated him to feed but it's not a true quarantine tank.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I would qt him if possible and bump up the temperature of the water, maybe add some aquarium salt and keep conditions as stable and clean as possible. Keep an eye on him and directly feed him, removing what he doesn't eat. Hopefully you can get him to eat this way and get his strength up. It may also help an infection present itself if there is one. I use bbs with seachem nourish to try to entice mine to eat. I hope your little guy gets better!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.