The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
I was a mgr for walmart for 18years and these sales often have a catch that can be pretty significant.

They would often have a TV, say model 2100 that normally sells for 900.00 on sale for 400.00.

--BUT it is really model 2100b, which looks the same but is significantly different in performance, parts or specs.

not sure how the petco and petsmart sales go but it is worth looking into before purchasing

·
Registered
327 Posts
Did they honor it? they're no longer that cheap.
I didn't get any email about them cancelling my order. I am kicking myself because I almost also got a 206 at that price to save for later. Figured I would think on it and check later...

I also picked up a Hydor 200W inline heater that was $35, that has since gone up to $56.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I didn't get any email about them cancelling my order. I am kicking myself because I almost also got a 206 at that price to save for later. Figured I would think on it and check later...

I also picked up a Hydor 200W inline heater that was $35, that has since gone up to $56.
I picked up the Hydor heater as well... got the one with the wrong size tubing connection:confused1:

·
Registered
733 Posts
went into a petco store to try and pick up a 40g Brooklyn Metal Stand for my 12g Long, but they wouldn't honor the online price, so i went home and ordered it online, $49 shipped. (normally $99) (free shipping)

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Talked with the PetSmart mgr I know. They were not ready for the interest they had in the Fuval 306 for $79. They pre sold the two on hand to employees and she transferred in two more from another store for Black Friday, those were gone in the 1st 15min.

She felt her store could have sold 10-12 units that day by 1pm based on cust. in person and phone calls.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Talked with the PetSmart mgr I know. They were not ready four the interest they had in the Fuval 306 for $79. They pre sold the two on hand to employees and she transferred in two more from another store for Black Friday, those were gone in the 1st 15min.

She felt her store could have sold 10-12 units that day by 1pm based on cust. in person and phone calls.
Between the local Petsmart and Petco, they sold a grand total of zero Fluval 306s yesterday. Weird.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
No 2g Fluval Spec for me. They only put the 5 gallon on sale at Petsmart, great price on it for $50 but I was looking for the 2 gallon for my desk at work. All the Petcos in my area don't carry the 2 gallon spec, just the 5.

My dog lucked out and got some toys and treats half off though. :)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
The Petco website still has the 2 gallon spec for $45.

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
I walked into petco this afternoon hoping to find a deal on fish. And I did. They had emperor tetras for $1.49. They only had one poor fish left. I was so bummed. I've been waiting on those for a long time.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Talked with the PetSmart mgr I know. They were not ready for the interest they had in the Fuval 306 for $79. They pre sold the two on hand to employees and she transferred in two more from another store for Black Friday, those were gone in the 1st 15min.

I went into the PetSmart in shaumburg at 7:30am and picked up the only 306 on the shelf. I. think they only had one on hand.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Any Cyber Monday deals going on now? I am looking for a 70-300mm lens. :D

41 - 56 of 56 Posts