The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread can be used for discussion of any Black Friday sales, but I thought it could be started with the Pet stores, since many of us are always in need of supplies.

http://bfads.net/Ad/Pet-Smart-2012

http://bfads.net/Ad/Petco-2012

Anybody heard anything about what Fluval tanks will be 50% at Petsmart? I am hoping the Spec, since it should be $30 after the regular $60 price. Of course the regular prices may be a bit higher than some places but at 40-50% off it should make some decent deals.

Anybody else looking for anything on Black Friday whether it be aquarium related or anything else?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I really hope some specialty freshwater sites have a Black Friday sale like AFA, ADG, GLA etc. Even 10% off would be great.

I noticed in saltwater most sites only do 10%, rarely 20% which I think is sort of a joke but better than nothing. :biggrin:

Other than that I hope Amazon has some good discounts on misc aquarium stuff.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
The PetSmart Fluval 305/306 Canister Aquarium Filter for $79 looks good. But, I don't know too much about that model???

Black Friday has become a Door Buster Circus for many retailers. It does get them publicity but seldom do people that wait in line overnite by anything other that the Loss-Leader item.

This year some greedy-heartless, retailers will be open on Thanksgiving. :icon_evil

Which is a bit ridiculous concidering how big Cyber Monday has become.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The PetSmart Fluval 305/306 Canister Aquarium Filter for $79 looks good. But, I don't know too much about that model???

Black Friday has become a Door Buster Circus for many retailers. It does get them publicity but seldom do people that wait in line overnite by anything other that the Loss-Leader item.

This year some greedy-heartless, retailers will be open on Thanksgiving. :icon_evil

Which is a bit ridiculous concidering how big Cyber Monday has become.
Yep. I work for walmart and I have to work 7pm Thursday night through 7am Friday morning for a series of three staggered sales events. If the customers wouldn't come, the stores wouldn't have a reason to start earlier every year. I wish the customers would just stay home with family and friends...most of those that complain bitterly about how retailers treat their employees are also the first in line at these ridiculous sales events! (I've heard and seen it for 14 years)

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Yep. I work for walmart and I have to work 7pm Thursday night through 7am Friday morning for a series of three staggered sales events. If the customers wouldn't come, the stores wouldn't have a reason to start earlier every year. I wish the customers would just stay home with family and friends...most of those that complain bitterly about how retailers treat their employees are also the first in line at these ridiculous sales events! (I've heard and seen it for 14 years)

I was a retail mgr. starting in 1980, for 17yrs. I watched as every year one Retailer had to open 1 hour before the others. Each year it got sillier than year before as it got earlier and earlier. Every retailer was afraid the completion would sell some socks & underwear before they got open.

The people that run the retail empires don't care how they abuse the employes nor that they are most likely losing money (sales vs. overhead). Most of them (corporate level) don't even shop in the stores they run and they work 9-5 and will be off on Thanksgiving weekend.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
It's the same at my job, the mall I work at is opening at midnight...I don't get to be one of those lucky SOB's though, I get to work from 5am until 7 but it'll prolly end up with me staying until 10 because that's how it always works....Thank God for Redbull

As for the sales the only thing that would interest me is the Fluvals but I don't have a tank for them (yet) so I'm not really that tempted

Although the tanks at petco have my eye, thankfully though they are good for the weekend

·
Registered
688 Posts
I am always broke when it comes to Black Friday so I have to work anyways and can't buy anything. If I had some cash, I have plenty of things that I know will be cheap on Black Friday.

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
One of the TV stations did a piece on things to buy on BF. Surprisingly many items were actually cheaper to buy before BF. Some after. Now if only I could remember which items they were. I'm going cheap this year. Gifts for the younger nieces and nephews only. All the adults have agreed to that.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts