The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of or have any info on these?
i'm thinking they may be black cherries.
If they breed in FW, i'm gonna get some and try to start breeding them, maybe the new craze in our hobby?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
There are pure black diamond shrimp. There are also ninja shrimp which are very rare in the hobby. There is also the "black cherry shrimp" which doesn't really look that black in the pictures.

As far as breeding, diamond shrimp obviously are freshwater. Ninja shrimp I believe need saltwater like the amano shrimp. BCS obviously need water and food only :p.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have any, don't even know what species or genus it's in, my LFS has them in, wanted to know what people thought they would be.
they're .98 a peice, but so are endlers livebearers here, and clown plecos are 3.49.
I think in a normal lfs, they would be about 2.99, so they have to be a pretty common shrimp, i know ninjas cost about as much as CRS, and i've never heard of siamond, so i think they may be black cherries or black midgets, i think i can make it down there on thursday, so i'll take some pics and maybe a few shrimp home with me, along with my opinion.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, ok, that helps.
I think they're probally BCS or black midget shrimp.
yea, it's an awesome place, they have SAE's for 1.98, they have all kinds of oddballs.

last time they had amanos, they were .98 ea. too, so i thik they're in the price range of amanos.

anyway, i'm gonna get 12 and try to breed them.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, everyone from here knows about the place, they had denison barbs i think a while back.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you by anychance know what it is exactly?
I'm thinking there may be a black cherry strain flying under the radar that pops up very now and then, like the blues.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll have to set up a breeding tank, i geuss i'll pull out the old plastic tanks and some moss.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hey, Devin ~ where is this store? Both my boys are getting their learner's permits, so that means lots of road trips for me. Visiting a LFS in San Antone would be a good drive for them. I'd like to see this place as well ~ I love oddballs and wouldn't mind a few more kinds of shrimp. Especially not for that price! Yowza!

·
Registered
803 Posts
:icon_lol: Thanks! It's a two-hour trip one-way to SA (all day round trip what with finding the place, shopping, etc.), so I doubt we'll be getting down there for at least a few weeks if not a month or two. But now that I've got the url bookmarked, you might want to take that website url down 'til you can get over there!:hihi: :icon_lol: (I should have PMed you about it ~ sorry.)

Congrats on getting your license! The mama in me has to tell you, "Now, be careful!":rolleyes: I was an EMT for ten years, so that factors into it as well ~ seen some not-so-nice scenes at car wrecks. Dad wants to get the boys some little economy car. I'm exercising my veto power on that one and they're getting a TRUCK made of METAL.:hihi:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yes they do and so do many other people. I've read from many sources that undergravel filters filter the best and are virtually maintenance free.

And these guys are dealers in fish. Not a planted tank store. Sure they sell plants but do they look like the plants you would usually aquascape with?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There plants are ussually UGLY too.
they are old fashion, but CHEAP!!!
btw: linda- i'm driving a 1989 camaro now, getting a '97 eclipse!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.