The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GLA had a sale on their tanks and I didn't really see it advertised anywhere.
So I picked up the 61-C with cabinet (drove 2 hours to pick it up), and couldn't pass up the 12 gallon long for $59 + $14 shipping.
I've got too many tanks, I don't know what to do with them all!

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
GLA had a sale on their tanks and I didn't really see it advertised anywhere.
So I picked up the 61-C with cabinet (drove 2 hours to pick it up), and couldn't pass up the 12 gallon long for $59 + $14 shipping.
I've got too many tanks, I don't know what to do with them all!
That sale isn't still going on, is it?!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
The 36-L is Mini-M dimensions? If so I might have to seriously consider it.
According to the dimensions on both GLA and ADG sites, they are the same.
Not quite.
Mini M: 14Lx8Wx10H (5.5 gallons) ~$105 shipped

36-L: 15Lx9wx11H (6 gallons) ~$65 shipped

The 36-L seems like a much better deal. Not only does it hold more water, but it is also almost half the price of the Mini M. Both are clear glass, though. I guess the major decision point here would be the brand name.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not quite.
Mini M: 14Lx8Wx10H (5.5 gallons) ~$105 shipped

36-L: 15Lx9wx11H (6 gallons) ~$65 shipped

The 36-L seems like a much better deal. Not only does it hold more water, but it is also almost half the price of the Mini M. Both are clear glass, though. I guess the major decision point here would be the brand name.
Take a look at the measurements on both sites again. Seeing how both tanks were made in cm, when converted to inches, one of the sites rounded up. According to their measurements in cm, they are the same tanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Take a look at the measurements on both sites again. Seeing how both tanks were made in cm, when converted to inches, one of the sites rounded up. According to their measurements in cm, they are the same tanks.
You're right. GLA rounds 14.17in to 15, and 10.24in to 11. Maybe GLA was including the glass in their measurement or something... If they did, then they may have also rounded 5.5g to 6.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I hear you need to use a spray bottle daily and add citrus fruit to raise the acidity for the mangos to breed

Looks nice. I am beyond dissapointed that I missed out on the gla deal. Totally thought Mr aqua was the only one and now I wait for weeks...or build one hehe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts