CO2: GLA Atomic Paintball v2
Filter: Eheim 2217
Lily Pipes: Glass outflow, custom acrylic inflow
Substrate: Aquasoil

============================================

·
Registered
577 Posts
That is a very cool little tank, do they no longer sell the 61-C? I can't seem to find it on their site, what are the dimensions?

I'm not sure what I'd do, lots of fissidens and some branchy manzanita sticking out the top maybe?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a very cool little tank, do they no longer sell the 61-C? I can't seem to find it on their site, what are the dimensions?

I'm not sure what I'd do, lots of fissidens and some branchy manzanita sticking out the top maybe?
Thanks. Yeah, when I purchased it was the only one left.
Dimensions are: 24" x 24" x 12" at about 30 gallons.

My other tank in the same rooms has "manzanita sticking out the top" also, so I'm still debating rocks instead. Who knows. :eek:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, perfect space for it, and yes, definitely shrimp. Subbed!
Thanks Xen. Shrimp will surely be in here, but I'm not sure to do something very busy/natural, or something more trendy like iwagumi.
I'm leaning more towards crazy explosion of plants submersed/emersed, we'll see.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Like Tom's bucket of mud

or vincenz's spawning pool?

Yea I'd go in that direction too, as much as I like Iwagumis I think they're more maintenance and less stability. Carpet plants alone won't do the trick imo. Looks like it's very bright and you get a lot of indirect light too. Emergent plants in the back corner for sure!

Hmm theirs are all against a back window, maybe you'll have to do something a little different?

·
Super Moderator
15,020 Posts
What a great tank. It's screaming for tons of C. parva along with whatever other plants you choose.

Though I consider myself more of a shrimp guy than a fish guy, I love tanks with dimensions like this for Cories. Specifically smaller pygmies or habrosus. Seeing them in large schools in shallow tanks is tons of fun.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Xen, those are the exact two tanks I mentioned above as my inspiration.

Somewhat; Crypts would look great, and I find myself leaning towards shrimp over fish usually. I'll look into those breeds, fish and shrimp could all exist great here.

The more thinking I do, the more I plan on leaning towards a low tech setup with a powerful filter, lots of plants underwater and above, and a light hanging either from the ceiling or via a frame or something. Maybe only Excel and Ferts, to bypass having to get a nice CO2 setup. Still pondering for now.....

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After much thought, I'm going Low Tech!
No CO2, No Ferts, Nothing fancy. Just a burst of plants under and above the waterline.
So besides the scaping, I'm in need of a powerful canister filter (preferably Eheim), and a nice suspendable light.
Can't wait to start this setup, however I don't have the time now.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. I'm thinking of going with an Eheim Canister filter, any suggestions between the 2215 or 2217?
Again, I'm going low tech. No CO2, no ferts (roots tabs though), and medium lighting.
Hoping for emerged plants too.

2215 or 2217?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts