The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm Jon. I'm new here to the forum but far from new to fishkeeping.

I moved here to Birmingham about 2 years ago, anyone that lives here knows its the black hole of LFS. If anyone knows of a decent LFS please let me know. I've been to Ed's and Aquarium Imports and I'm not impressed.

I first started keeping fish in my teens and exploded into a few dozen tanks in my 20's and 30's. I've mainly been keeping herps since the but I got the fish bug again a few years ago and, well you know how that goes.

I'm currently converting a 38 gal bowfront tank to a planted aquarium. The tank has been setup since July of 2017. The tank is filtered by two Penguon 200B HOB filters and is occupied by about 15 Diamond Tetras 4 Cory cats and 6 Bolivian Rams. I have a 30in Finnex Planted Plus 24/7 SE as my light source and I'm pretty pleased with the light output. I'm doing research for the right CO2 system for thus tank. I dont want an ultra landscaped planted tank, I just want lush healthy plants as I grew tired of fake plastic plants.

I look forward to chatting with some local aquarists. Feel free to say hi.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey hollywood good to meet ya. Ive been to wet pets in Mont. It's a good store. There is also another good one in Huntsville on Cox Ave. I forget the name of it. They have a great selection of fish and plants.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts