The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting rid of my 55 gallon and purchasing a biocube. I have read several conflicting reviews and would like to hear what this forum has to say.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm looking into getting rid of my 55 gallon and purchasing a biocube. I have read several conflicting reviews and would like to hear what this forum has to say.
To be used as Freshwater or Saltwater?

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
In my opinion Bio cubes are an awesome all in one tank. The have a few compartments in the back one for a return pump, one for bio balls and such, and they also have a spot for a filter pad. Plus you can get foam blocks to put by the intake in then you have a shrimp tank.

The lighting is also pretty great for an all in one tank. two 32 watt power compacts. That's enough to grow a fair amount of plants.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i have a biocube 14..

-the built in filtration system is not that good unless you modify it.. i'll send you the link when i get to a computer..

-it comes with an actinic blue bulb that is useless for photosynthesis.. and a 10k 24watts bulb, that is way too much if you don't match it with co2.. cause if you don't, staghorn and BBA will be a common friend.. most of the plants that i have, had grown vertically due to high lighting..

most biocube owners i know changed the top, and i'm on the verge in doing so.. which is another $59++..

and yeah, if you want to change the bulb with 67k will cause you around $13 + s/h..

don't get me wrong, i love my tank.. but if could do it all over again? i'd go a different route..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.