The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i started this a few months ago.. and i'm a still newbie..

i should've made this when i started, but i was a little bit shy to show my trial and error thing here..

i was optimistic with the dwarf sag.. and i forgot what's the name of that humongous plant on the left.. and i had some few glosso from my other tank that failed..

i took out the big plant after someone gave out a raok (bacopa a, rotala r).. and a friend gave me some riccia (i think) and attached it to a stone.. dwarf sag made me happy this time..

now the dwarf sag's giving me a headache cause it's growing vertically due to the high lighting.. and keeps on getting some algae (staghorn) and the riccia was turning brown, and it was slowly dying.. but eventually left it..

(taken 3 weeks ago)

and since then..
the glosso is still invisible.. but i added a pressurized co2 2 weeks ago.. it has been showing some growth..
took out the rotala and bacopa..
i trimmed the dwarf sag.. and think it's getting boring..
and but i'm planing to rescape everything.. should i?
or maybe just add a moss wall?

thanks guys..

·
Banned
220 Posts
very nice is this your first tank you said you where a newbie, most people dont respect terracotta in their tanks but i have one in mine and they are great, add some more fish! get that tank up and running.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have neons, black neons , otos, rummynose, amanos 2 of each.. you just can't see 'em.. lol..
and if can see on the third pic there's a betta on the top left.. unfortunately he was stressed with current the biocube produces..

i found that terracotta when i was with my niece at michael's and thought it would be a nice cave thingy..

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very nice is this your first tank you said you where a newbie, most people dont respect terracotta in their tanks but i have one in mine and they are great, add some more fish! get that tank up and running.
thanks a lot. just trying to do my best.

you should post your progress too.. i really think people can give you advices and such than just browsing.. you will get more specific answers..

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.752516,-77.089796

1 - 8 of 8 Posts