The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been doing some research on expedited cycling, and noticed that there is a similar product on the market called Nitromax. Does anyone know of this product? and how does it work in comparison to bio-spira? While bio-spira takes 24 hours to cycle a tank, how long does Nitromax take and are there any disadvantages to using either or? thanks in advance for your advice!

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Bio-Spira doesn't take 24 hours to cycle a tank. It merely short circuits the cycling process by adding the correct bacteria at the beginning of the process.

I've used Bio-Spira many times. Never heard of the other product till just now.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Nitromax has been available for quite some time. It's made by Tropical Science Biolabs, which is a DBA (ficticious business name) for Great Western Pet Supply. The website for Tropical Science Biolabs (tsbiolabs.com) was taken down about a year ago with no explanation from the company. However, all of the products have been made available for ordering from the Great Western Pet Supply website.

I have no idea how they make it or where they get it if they get it from a supplier.

I rank it below Bio Spira. I have found it performs similar to Seachem Stability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts