The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was always all about larger sized tanks (I say larger I mean 40g and up) but lately I've been setting up some 20 longs and a bunch of 10g and I'm beginning to think I like them better. They're easier to light and filter, and you can fill them out a lot easier and cheaper than a larger tank with plants. I also just like the fact that they're sort of small microcosms. I'm scaling down my tanks to just one 55g and one 46g, the rest are 20g and under. I guess for some people bigger always isn't better.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I wouldn't say I like either better. It depends what I want I want to do with it.

My currents are:
3 20's
2 55's

I wouldn't say I like 20's better than the others but they are each the best for what I need them for.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Smaller only for smaller water changes... larger for more plant and fish options... can't choose
have:
55g
20g long
12g long
10g
7g cube
2g jar
3g bowl
>0.5g vase

·
1,983 Posts
They all have their benefits and drawbacks. I have an 80, a 29 and a 10 and I like them all for diff reasons. Waterchanges are certainly easier on the small ones, but big ones are pretty cool. I have a 20l a 45l and a 200 that are sitting dry that I really want to setup once I get in my new place. That way I'll have a full compliment of sizes :)

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
They all have their benefits and drawbacks. I have an 80, a 29 and a 10 and I like them all for diff reasons. Waterchanges are certainly easier on the small ones, but big ones are pretty cool. I have a 20l a 45l and a 200 that are sitting dry that I really want to setup once I get in my new place. That way I'll have a full compliment of sizes :)
what dimensions are your 200g? glass or plexiglass?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I prefer larger tanks. I have a 15g shrimp tank that I'm probably going to break down and get rid of. I've also recently taken down a 30L that I'm probably going to get rid of. However I now have two 125g up and running. May even use an old 55g that's sitting in the garage as a sump since I can't find anyone online wanting to buy it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm downgrading and going back from my 20 high to 10.. I prefer the look..It's more cozy looking, cleaning is easier and less space to have to fill in with plants though finding plants that don't outgrow a 10 gallon tank is tricky.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.