The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
I want to do a big setup with a bichir someday.

I have also thought that a riparium with a ray or two would be cool. With the plants up above the water it would leave plenty of footprint for the rays to zoom around.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had to go back and edit the OP. I rally was hoping to hear from people here about what worked & didn't.

I tried years ago to put an Amazon Sword in a clay pot and put in in a 70g; with a 7" Oscar. He ripped the plant out and up. He tipped over the pot, cracked the pot. When I got home he was swimming in his mess, wagging his tail fin like a bad little puppy. Epic fail.

Oscar not such a good choice.

I have an 8 or 9 inch common pleco in my planted tank...
Tell us a bit more how large a tank, what plants work & what don't.

·
Registered
194 Posts
the largest I have seen are giant gouramis. I used to have a pair of piranhas, but they outgrew their tank and I couldn't get them the new tank I had been planning on due to obligations to a friend. they were around 6" when I had to bring them back.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the contributions.

I'm looking at a used 125 and considering who would live in it with plants. Top three are Wild Angels, Wild Discus...OR...Frontosa :icon_eek::eek::icon_eek:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.