The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Usually no. But I have had some ghost shrimp larvae make it in a community tank which besides the wrong water type and predation should have never happened, so weird things can happen lol.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Palaemonetes generally sold in pet stores don't actually need brackish to breed, but amano shrimp do. I throw my zoea into my brackish 3 gallon tank and out of the hundreds that I get only a few make it to adulthood.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Reactions: Zoidburg

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have been researching getting Amano larvae to morph. It does require salt water with most success reported at 30 - 34 specific gravity. I missed the timing this go round. There were some super tiny larvae in the tank when I got home last night. With all the other inhabitants I could not get them to go to the light very well. The few that went to the light slipped right through the net (that's how tiny they are). I gave up and will wait to seclude the berried Amano next go round. https://gabhar.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/breeding-amano/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.