The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Fluval Spec V that I recently re-planted completely with Micro Sword in hopes to have it carpet the tank. I re-planted about a month ago. The good thing is that the Micro Sword is still alive though growing very slowly. However, I am now getting BGA carpeting the substrate and plants. I have been doing 25-50% water changes 2x week (Wed/Sun). I am dosing on those days with Flourish though I just purchased Thrive since I read I am only providing micros through Floruish. I have DIY Co2 and run the lights 10 hours/day. I have not added any fish/shrimp, but have 1 Nerite and Mystery Snail though I know either doesn't really eat BGA. I have read that increasing the water flow will help, though the return seems very week in the Spec V. I am also having trouble vacuuming the gravel because I end up knocking the Sword loose. Lastly, I could end up decreasing the time the lights run, but not sure how that would affect the growth on the Sword (well I am not sure I am providing the best for growth at this point - the Sword seems frustrating!) I am not sure how to combat, any help would be greatly appreciate!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.