The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planned on setting up a 3 gallon nano tank. It has a light hood (from a 5 gallon tank set, I only have the hood left). It also has a lid, a heater (for small tanks) set to about 73-75 degrees and a thermometer. I already have water in it that has been de-chlorinated. I was going to go to Petco and get black sand, live plants for small aquariums, and some ghost shrimp originally. I don't have enough money for a filter right now but have read that some people are successful with nano tanks that are filterless. But I am wondering if a single male or female betta might be better. Same setup and everything but just swap the shrimp and replace it with a betta. Which would be better?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
If your looking at housing betta one male or one female don't put both in the male will most likely kill the female. Ghost shrimp are ok, there are many more colorful shrimp though.

Lastly... Is that an old bug box?? No reason it shouldn't work just interesting choice

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place

·
Banned
943 Posts
Ive had a 20G without any filters or water movement keep tetras/shrimp alive for months. This was a well established tank with lots of plant life though. But it can be done.

Anyway ive kep a betta and ghost shrimp before without too much problems. The betta will go after them if it sees em though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.