The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I will be getting some neocaridina shrimp soon and plan to breed them some. I have a betta in a sepera tank who currently has a bad diet of dru food only. Would it be acceptable and healthy if i gave him shrimp fry as a treat?

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Acceptable to whom? There will definitely be people that it's acceptable too and others who think it's terrible. It would be acceptable to me, but I eat shrimp also. I wouldn't worry about it being acceptable to someone you don't know on a forum.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair good for his health? I to eat love shrimp and i love them in tanks. Same with deer except in forests. I will have more the fish in the tank will hunt the babies. Mostly will it benefit his healt a lot more.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I suppose but I don’t know why I would spend more money and keep frozen worms in my fridge. I’ll have the baby Shrimp Without extra space In a tightly packed freezer.

Need to entertain him more any suggestions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would use a smaller gourami such as a dwarf gourami or if you can find one, a honey gourami. A betta would probably work too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Water is at 72-73 i have a betta that I would like to put in there. Not sure if there would be enough space. Also he is recovering/fighting fin rot would that harm other fish?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts